RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Violation Attracts Punishment Under Prohibition of Ragging Act “Ragging” Means Doing An Act Which Causes or is likely to Cause Insult or Annoyance or Fear or Apprehension or Threat or Intimidation or Outrage of Modesty or Injury to a Student.
RAGGING WITHIN OR OUTSIDE THE INSTITUTE IS PROHIBITED
- Teases or Embrrasses or Humiliates.
- Assaults or Uses Criminal Force or Crimnally Intimidates.
- Wrongfully Restrains or Wrongfully Confines or Causes Hurt.
- Causes Grievous Hurt or Kidnaps or Abducts or Rapes or Commits Unnatural Offence.
- Causes Death or Abets Suicide.
- Imprisonment Upto SIX MONTHS or Fine Upto Rs. 1000/- or both.
- imprisonment Upto ONE YEAR or Fine Upto Rs. 2000/-.
- Imprisonment Upto TWO YEARS or Fine Upto Rs/ 5000/- or both.
- Imprisonment Upto FIVE YEARS or Fine Upto Rs. 10,000/-.
- imprisonment For LIFE or upto 10 YEARS with Fine Upto Rs. 50,000/-.
DISMISSAL OF STUDENT
- A Student Convicte Of An Offence And Punished With Imprisonment.
- A Studnet Convicted Of An Offence And Punished With Imprisonment For More Then Six Months.
- Dismissal From The Instituton.
- Shall Not Admitted In Any Other Educational Institution.
SUSPENSION OF STUDENT
Without Prejudice to The Foregoing Provisions, Whenever Any Student Complains Ragging, The Head of The Institute Shall Inquire Into or Causes an Inquiry to be Made Into The Same Forthwith and if The Complaints Isprima-facie Found True, Shall Suspent The Student of Students. Complained Aginst For Such Priod As May be Deemed Necessary and lodge Complaint with Police.